Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the father: Ye shall have eternal life. -2 Nephi 31:20

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Week 1

Hola mi familia!!  Como estan?  How are things back in the real world?  I heard that the Mav's pulled out the win so im happy about that.  That's about the only thing ive heard about what's happening outside the MTC in the past week.  I cant believe ive already been here almost a week.  The first couple of days were the slowest and longest days of my life.  But the saying goes, "just make it to sunday" on your first week and then you'll be fine.  Well now the days are just flying by.  If youre wondering, tuesdays are my pdays.
Alright a little bit about my life here at the MTC... i LOVE my comp Elder Kane.  He's from Missouri City, Texas and he redshirted his freshman year for football at the university of houston.  He's a really cool guy and we get along really well.  Yeah he's coming to Barcelona with me.  There's 4 of us in our district that are going to Espana: me, Elder Kane, Elder Fica, and Elder Fowkes.  We're all in the same room.  Im pretty sure we have the coolest room in the whole MTC.  I'll send pictures in a letter soon.  Elder Fica is coming to Barcelona too and Elder Fowkes is going to Malaga.  You'll have to tell the Cleggs that he's in my district.  But he got his visa in late so he'll probably be in another mission here in the states for at least a month.  The showers here are always SCALDING hot.  You can only stand under the water for about 2 seconds at a time.  If you get lucky, the water will randomnly turn to cold for about 10 seconds and then it will go back to unbearably hot.  The food here always looks amazing but im finding out that looks can be very deceiving.  Haha most of the food tastes pretty good but other times its not so great.
They told us our visa should be coming sometime within this week but you never know... our scheduled date is to leave in 2 weeks on June 28.  I'm praying that it comes on time.  Espanol gets a little frustrating and overwhelming sometimes but its starting to catch on.  It's so true dad, I think i learned more the very first day than i have ever learned.  Now its sometimes hard for me to pronounce everything in english correctly when im reading.  Im getting way used to speaking spanish.  We say our prayers in spanish all day every day and whenever i hear someone pray in english it doesnt sound natural.
I love my district.  There's 12 of us all together.  Us 4 who are going to Spain and then 8 others who are going to Long Beach, CA.  Elders: Lybbert, West, Kasen, Sheanshang, Williams, Taylor, Smith, and Halvorsen.  All of us get along great.  Oh and by the way... Im the district leader.  Our branch pres met with us on thursday last week, our second day, and interviewed all of us.  Then he called me to be te district leader.  I was very humbled and it was tough the first couple of days to do everything i had to do as both a missionary and the district leader.  But im finally getting the hang of it.
Thank you for your letters everyone.  Stacey fam: thanks for the advice and the awesome drawings from your kids.  Jaclyn: thats way cool about Jerusalem.  You'll have to definitely write me and tell me how it is over there.  And yes the MTC is everything you'd expect.  Its great.  Ally: I think i answered all your questions.  Mom and Dad: yeah i see my friends all the time here in the MTC.  Elder Marsden, Elder McKell, Elder Oberg and tons of other people from high school and college.  I cant believe you guys will be done so soon.  Good luck with moving and everything.  Im glad i slipped out of having to help move everything back into our old house in bountiful.  I cant wait to see Uncle Robert and Aunt Janet next week.  It will be awesome.
Well my time is almost up.  Love you all.  I love this work and this gospel.  The church is true.
Elder Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment