Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the father: Ye shall have eternal life. -2 Nephi 31:20

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Oficina week 20 - Surprise visit

Congrats Jess on the 3rd bebe!! I´ll be praying for you and your fam. That pool is lookin nice and really tempting. Good thing I dont like swimming anymore!
So I was here writing my emails when in walked this lady that looked SO familiar. It took me about 5 seconds until she finally said, "I´m looking for an Elder Reeves!" And then i thought, "wait... is that really Matt Clegg´s mom here in Barcelona??" Haha weirdest feeling ever!! So yeah i just spent like 20 minutes talking to Sister Clegg! Too bad Brother Clegg was in a meeting so he wasn´t able to come. She told me a lot of good things that are happening in Bountiful. That really was such a crazy experience. I love the Cleggs and I love my life here in the mission and back home. I feel bad because Matt wrote me a letter a couple months ago and I haven´t written him back yet. Dont worry i´m doing it today!!Wow I cant believe I´ve hit 20 weeks here in the office. Things have been going crazy here in the mission. The mission has grown so much that every area in the mission is open right now. The last area that was closed was La Seu/Andorra and we got Elder Krasnoselsky and Elder Morrison up there last weekend. It´s been so amazing being able to buy pisos and help open up the areas in the mission. Elder Garces and I are still working hard but having to balance a lot of office work too. We found this new Filipina lady this last week. We were at church this last sunday and I was talking to Marlon, another Filipino member. We started talking about his menos-activo brother and then he said, "actually there is a less-active member that you can go visit. Her name is Nining." That night we didn´t have a set visit so we passed by their house. There was Nining and another lady named Abegail. Nining said, "Thank you so much for coming! I had been praying that you would come over." and even started tearing up. Abegail is the niece of another member Aurora who´s in the Philippines right now. We didn´t have a man with us so we pulled out some chairs and taught them through the door. Abegail has been to church before but hasn´t had contact with the missionaries for about 3 years. We just started teaching immediately about baptism. Abegail loved it and is set to be baptized for the 5th of May. She´s doing great and we have another visit with her tonight. Pray for her!!
Fam I always say this but i cant say it enough... I LOVE YOU ALL!!! Keep staying close to the Spirit and listen to that guidance daily. Til next week. Oh yeah I just realized we´re going to be skyping again in a couple of weeks. Crazy. So i´ll see you then.

Elder Reeves


No comments:

Post a Comment