Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the father: Ye shall have eternal life. -2 Nephi 31:20

Monday, January 14, 2013

Bilbao week 3 - Singin in the rain with the 3 Y´s

Dearest fam,

Holy SNOW!! wow i cant even remember what that much snow is like. I´m just glad i´m not the one in the picture of dad snow blowing it all. Haha sorry dad that must have been miserable. but i guess you´ve done it enough times to know what it´s like.
By the way mom and dad, not sure if you know but my personal visa card just expired. I dont know what you have to do with the account or anything but just so you know it´s expired. I dont think you have to worry about sending me another card, i took out some money from the account before it expired and it should last me.
Well here in Bilbao we haven´t been seeing any snow but..... it RAINS like crazy here. Seriously it rains at least once a day. I had no idea it was this crazy. I´ve gone my whole mission without an umbrella and then getting here i need it every day. Luckily there was a saint hermana from our ward that gave Elder Prieto and I these small umbrellas that fit in our breif cases so we´re able to pull them out whenever it´s necessary. I guess that´s what you get when you live somewhere so green and beautiful. I think i finally understand what it must be like for Elder Marsden there in the rainy state of Washington. It´s great fun. it´s even raining right now as i type.
The miracle that we saw this last week happened yesterday. Yesica, Yesenia, and Yara all came to church!! We had planned to call them yesterday morning to remind them and then to go pick them up at their piso at 9:30. We called them and woke them up and everything was going perfect. Then as we walked out our piso to go pick them up, Yesica called us and said that their mom and just called them and told them that she wanted them to go somewhere with her for her work. We talked a little bit more about how important it is for them to keep God´s commandments and keep preparing themselves for their baptism. Their was a little bit of silence and then we asked if they could call their mom and explain to her the importance of them coming to church and Yesica said yes. We told her that we were still coming to pick them up and that we would be there in about 20 minutes. The whole way there I was just praying that everything would turn out alright and that the mom would be fine with them coming to church. When we rang their timbre of their house, Yesenia opened up the door and all 3 of them were ready to go! They all came and loved church. It was a huge miracle. They´re progressing so well for their baptism and their mom is fine with them getting baptized. We´ve only been able to talk to her once but she loves us. She told us that we could come over whenever we want and teach her daughters. The only problem is that she works so much that we never see her. We´re hoping that in the future we get the chance to teach her and help her be baptized as well.

Life is good family. Being a servant of Jesus Christ is the best. I love the ward. I love Bilbao. I love my comp. Love you all

Elder Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment