Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the father: Ye shall have eternal life. -2 Nephi 31:20

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Barcelona week 13 - The Lord does His work

SORRY FAM!!! I sent this email last week but it didn't get sent because it had too many pictures. I´ve tried to send it again a couple of times just barely but it isn´t working so i´m going to try to send it again with just one picture. Still alive and still love you.

Elder Reeves

Sorry i didn´t write last week... didn´t have time. Mom, you are incredible!! I just might have received permission from President and Hermana Pace to watch your talk on the internet because they loved your talk so much. Dad, I had no idea you had that disease. I´m so grateful that you recovered and that you have been able to raise us kids with mom. I love you both.Our investigators with baptismal dates are progressing incredibly well even though we´re not in our area all the time to teach them or follow up with them. Nohemy, from Honduras, has been reading the Book of Mormon and marking scriptures and reading all the pamphlets. She understands everything almost better than any other member understands them. We met her our first week here in this area but were never able to meet with her because we didn´t have her phone number. We remembered about her and passed by her house and now we´re teaching her. Our other 2 investigators, Elizabeth and André (mother and 11 year old son) from Peru were contacts in the street. They are progressing exactly the same. They understand everything so well and they feel the truthfulness of it all. That is such a miracle and such a testimony builder to me that this is the Lord´s work. He is able to do His own work if we let Him and if we are worthy of His help.
Elder Keeler just left home yesterday. It was a really weird feeling driving your own companion to the airport. I loved being with Elder Keeler. He taught me so much and was such a dedicated missionary. After he left, I felt pretty overwhelmed as more weight of the mission fell onto my shoulders. I prayed for the Lord to help me and I read something Elder Keeler had written me right before he left. He said that I dont have to worry about the stress of being Ayudante. All I have to do is love the Lord and serve Him with all my might and He will make up the rest. I´ve definitely seen that, especially with Nohemy, Elizabeth, and André and I´m going to do everything possible to stick to that and serve my Heavenly Father, serve my mission president and the rest of the missionaries in the mission, and especially serve the children of God in this part of Barcelona.
Pray for all of these people, Giovani and his family and Victor so that they can come to general conference and receive their answers. I cant wait for conference. Always take advantage of this blessing of conference. We will all receive answers and the guidance that God has for us right now in our lives. Love you all. Enjoy some pics.

Elder Reeves


No comments:

Post a Comment