Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the father: Ye shall have eternal life. -2 Nephi 31:20

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Oficina week 15 - BOM blessings

WOOOOH!! Pool party at Julie and Brett´s!!! It´s lookin good! Send me pictures when it´s finished. How´s the cruise Jess and Reid?? Did David end up being able to go? You know it´s great sending pictures all the time, but it´s better getting some from the fam... so feel free!
Our fecha with Jonathan fell through. He started to doubt how prepared he was for baptism and he felt like he has some other things he has to change. His uncle has also been telling him bad things about the church and making him doubt. We´re trying to get him to have another momento clave and really know the truth of these things. He will be baptized soon though.This miracle I want to share is a little personal miracle that I´ve had with my Book of Mormon reading. These past weeks have been hard to get investigators progressing and the fruits of our labors have not been showing like I´ve been hoping and praying they would. Things just have not been going our way. Our fecha with Jonathan fell through and we didn´t have anyone at church this last sunday. We always have room to improve and we´ve felt like we´ve been doing what the Lord has asked us to do but we just haven´t seen those blessings. I was feeling pretty down and exhausted from the work but I knew one of the best ways to find the direction and the guidance from the Lord is through the scriptures. I was continuing in my reading in the Book of Mormon and I came up to Alma 32, a chapter I´ve read over a hundred times in my life. I wasn´t expecting anything special in this chapter because I know exactly what it says but as I continued reading, I found it was exactly what I needed. Faith is so important in the work of the Lord. The power of faith is amazing and as we work with diligence and patience with that eye of faith, the fruit of our labors will come. The Book of Mormon was written for us in our days and God´s treasures are contained in them. Any question or problem we face in life can be solved through prayer and reading God´s words. I love the Book of Mormon.
Keep being amazing fam. Thanks for your prayers and support. Love you

Elder Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment